Monday, July 10, 2006

WSOP Trip Number 2

Okay, trip one. Well let's just say it was a disaster and leave it at that. I busted out of the $2000 about 90 minutes in with AA. 25-50 blinds, 2200 chips. I was in MP, UTG had limped (red lights), I look down at AA. I then hope that the UTG had KK or AKs. All fold to him, he calls my 250 bet. Flop comes out Q J 6 (2 clubs). He checks, I bet 600, slightly more than the pot. He immediately goes all in. I think for 30 seconds and say "either you are on a flush draw (classic move here) or 666." I call. He had 66 for bottom set and I am drawing very thin. I miss, he has me covered, and I am out. No sweat, played it right. I could have laid it down, but that would have been a mistake - IMHO. Thoughts are welcome. The rest of the trip was a blur, as I played badly and made just too many mistakes.

One highlight. $125 daily at MGM Grand. 73 players, I make the final table and finish 5th. I then played a single table with the Weasel, took a bad beat three handed and then only made a $175 profit. The Weasel moved in preflop for the 10th time it seemed since we had gotten to 3 handed. I called with 88, he had 22 and flopped a set. If that one holds, I have 75% of the chips heads up against a predicatable player and walk to at least 4 $500 chips.

I played too many craps and blackjack sessions and made a borderline laydown on Monday, July 3 with Q10 with a KQQ8 Board. That one pot would have been enough to put me close to even for the trip. He moved in with $1500 on the turn and I could not find a hand that he could have that I could beat as he had been playing solid all day. He had Q9. Sigh. I pretty much own the deck there. I then lose my stack to a K high straight when I had a Q high and he had to have perfect KQ and had called a raise with a gut shot. Well he did and got my chips. No worries mate.

Kentucky Rock made a big bluff at me in the 2-5 game Sunday. I did not speak to him for a few hours as he showed it and it was really bad timing. He was running well and did not have to risk his chips. Good to see him playing NL with some spirit. Good Job KR, now lay down that AKo in cash games more often and you are home free.

Cloudy had a profitable trip, but made a strategic error against me. I had warned him not to mess with me in 2-5 because I would bust him. He sat on his cards for pretty much all afternoon on Monday, then made a move into me when I had top pair and was tilting a little. I ended up busting him with a 10 high board holding 10-4. I was bluffing until I hit top pair and then got married to it and busted Cloudy's 66. Sorry Cloudy. Not really.

Sunday night poker was uneventful as I got knocked out early and Kentucky Rock and Cloudy went down for the count early as well.

Crazy Tom and JM had some fun as they had the best looking roomate of the group, LL.

The Weasel is still running well. He took down a $200 limit event at the Orleans for $15,000. Good job Weasel.

Now for the news. Mrs. Grip and I are heading back to LV for the $2000 event on July 21st. She is going to the Spa and I am going to play better and make it DEEP. Time for me to play some real poker and quit "f'n" around with it. Until Next time,

Good Luck and See You at the Felt...............

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home