Monday, June 19, 2006

Eventful Weekend

Wow, what a poker downer, and a bigger roller coaster weekend.

I reloaded Stars with $400 on Friday night to take advantage of their current bonus. Made a quick $100 playing 3-6 limit while playing a $20 180 player event. In order to earn the bonus, you almost have to play cash games as you need to get so many points to get the bonus. So, I play rock style full ring limit poker and grind out the time.

Nothing good to report on Poker other than I have not made a final table in two weeks and I am still excited about the WSOP. We are having the $200 event this Saturday and should have a full tournament. A win in this one would pay the nut for the event in Vegas.

Went to spend father's day with Grip Sr. Took my daughter with me so she could see the grands. Played in a 2-man scramble with Grip Sr. and came OH SO CLOSE to a hole in one.........

On a par 4. I hit my drive to within six feet of the hole and it rolled two feet past. It had to have rolled over the edge of the hole. What really would have been cool about that feat was that I got my first birdie and first eagle on that exact hole. What symmetry that would have been having my first double eagle on the same hole. OH SO CLOSE.

On a very bad note, I took Mrs. Grip's new Lexus to Kentucky for the trip. Instead of going over and playing in the very soft 2-5 NL game in Metropolis, I decided to go out to eat with Barbed Rose (now this name is original - only Brian will know the real story here), who is the same guy that went to the WSOP last year with us, but did not play. We sat in the restaurant for at least two hours talking and having dinner. I go outside and find a nice new large dent on Mrs. Grip's nice car. Oh crap, oh crap!!! She is going to kill me. Someone had hit and run her car, while I had it. I guess I should have gone to the NL game.

Anyway, this is going to be a very busy week including playing time to practice for the WSOP. Until next time,

Good Luck and See You at the Felt.......................

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home