Saturday, July 01, 2006

WSOP Trip Day 1

Well we made it. After a 2 hour delay at the Nashvegas Airport waiting for our plane, we finally made it to Las Vegas about 11:30 PM. Get checked in and find out that the room does not have Internet, either wired or wireless. That just won't do. How can I update my trip without my Internet connection? Anyway, Kentucky Rock and I move and we now have Internet service.

I played one $525 single table last night. 10 $500 entry chips. Great start if I can find a way to win a few chips. I even tinker with the idea of playing the shorthanded $2500 event today if I will 5 chips. That would have been nice as some of the play I observed was just horrendous. It did not happen as I got short stack and finally went out a disappointing 3rd. The minute that I got knocked out (with AQ four handed - right play, the BB found AK and it held up), the remaining two guys made a deal 5 chips each. So close. Played well.

I went to the Rio Spa this morning and totally enjoyed a morning of pampering. I actually caught myself feeling guilty for feeling so good, but I got over that quickly. I had a massage, and really enjoyed the time in the jacuzzi and just relaxing. In fact that is how I am starting tomorrow morning as well.

Went to dinner with JM, his girl, Crazy Tom, Kentucky Rock, and The Weasel at the Nine Steakhouse at the Palms. It was nice. The sashimi appetizer really hit the spot. After that I went and played a $225 single table with Cloudy and Kentucky Rock. I get no chips, cards or anything else and go out somewhere around 5-6. Cloudy took 3 chips out of this one so it was not a total disaster for the Nashville contingency.

Saw Rachet playing in the shorthanded event today. He was short and did not make it deep at all. He seem to be doing fine, which is really good. I hope he does well tomorrow.

Most interesting point today? I turn the corner getting off the elevator to go to the Spa, and TJ Cloutier was playing craps at his own table. For those of you that don't know, there is a vicious rumor that Craps has taken a substantial amount away from TJ. That is sad if it is true, because he is a great tournament player. He did not make it deep today at all either.

An original Tiltboy, Rafe (a close friend of Phil Gordon of Full Contact) L. took down a tournament and got the coveted bracelet.

I played $2-5 NL. I run into quad 4s, lose my intial buy in and grind out a break even second buy in.

This seems eerily familiar to last year. I did not do well at all leading into the $1500. I hope that is the case. I am playing very good poker right now. I just have made a basic error at the wrong time a few more times than in the past. I will guarantee myself that I will not do that tomorrow. If I can keep those basic errors out of my game, I anticipate going really deep tomorrow. In fact, I can't help but to put my goals in order:

1. Play strong and don't bluff off your chips
2. Get to the money.
3. Get to the final table.
4. Get the damn bracelet and go home.

It can be done. Time for bed. I am going to get up early tomorrow and head back to the spa for a couple of hours in the jacuzzi while I watch world cup soccer. Brunch with Cloudy and then on to the historic finish. Stay tuned. This could get interesting.

Until Next Time from the WSOP,

Good Luck and See You at the Felt.....................

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home