Thursday, June 22, 2006

Don't Play Tired

Maybe I am getting old. No, that can't be it! Maybe I am a little (a lot) out of shape. That could very well be the case. Maybe I just did not care enough. Probably contributed. Whatever it was, I made a huge tactical error in the $10 rebuy event last night and I knew when I did it that it was just so wrong on so many levels.

1350 players started, down to 205, I am 140th in chips, 135 get paid. I am in for the minimum, $11. I doubled up three times before the first break with very big hands and had $15,000 in chips. At the second break, I was at $45,000 and going strong without playing too many hands.

I get it up to $51,000 in chips, but then I hit a wall. I am down to $26,000 in chips in the BB with the blinds being $800 - 1,600. A fairly tight player opens for a more than adequate raise to $6,000 with $28,000 behind. It folds to me and I see AQs. I remember thinking, well I am going to push this and if he folds great, if not, and I lose, I can go to bed (It was 12:40 AM). Of course after thinking for about two seconds, he calls and flips over QQ. I am drawing thin and I do not catch it. I actually flopped a four flush, so I do not think I could get away from it had I called preflop and saw the flop.

What bothered me most was that it was a bad decision based upon good information. I knew the guy had a quality hand and I about doubled him up with AQ. Stupidity got what it deserved: a place on the rail. It also taught me a valuable lesson for next weekend. Do not play tired, you will make too many strategic errors.

Until next time,

Good Luck and See You at the Felt.....................

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home