Wednesday, June 21, 2006

$4 Event with Cloudy and FT

It has been almost two weeks without a final table and my bank roll shows it. However, I finally broke through last night in an event that I would not have played in if Cloudy not signed up as well. It was a $4 180-Player event. 18 spots paid. Cloudy started off slow as he was card dead, but picked up a very nice pot with a flopped flush to triple up before the first break. We got down to 63 players in the first hour, break neck speed. I hit a few hands and was in the top ten in chips from very early until we hit 35 remaining. There I lost three key pots and got short stacked.

Interesting Hand

Cloudy had been doing a good job of playing tight, and somewhat aggressive. I was steamrolling the table as I had shown the ability to play mediocre hands strong, but not too strong. I was winning 3/4 hands per round without showing. I finally got action with AK v. A8, he of course hit his 8.

I then raise with 46s (hey its suited) from mid position, cloudy moves in for about 130% of my raise more. I was getting 5-2, so I called. He had A-10. I out flopped his butt with a 6 on the flop, but of course he sucks out an ace on the river to stay alive. What a luck box. I lost another hand and was now at 6x the bb.

Last hand before the second break, we are down to 22 players and in the SB. Folds to me, and I move in with Q10 off (Varkoni would be proud) and the BB goes into the tank as it will take 80% of his stack to call. He finally does and has AJs. Took too long with that hand dude. However, I did turn a 10 high straight to survive and get chips back.

I play aggressive to the bubble and then have to go with KQo with a 4 J Q (all hearts), K turn, J river. The guy played it just like AQ with the Ace of hearts and ended up pushing on the river. I made a crying call and doubled up to get back in the top five in chips. Tough hand the way it played out.

I finished second, Cloudy finished 14th. Nice finish Cloudy, first 180-player event, cash. Not bad, not bad at all. All of $8 for your efforts.

Tournament is filling up for Saturday. Until next time,

Good Luck and See You at the Felt........................

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home