Thursday, July 13, 2006

Updated KJ

I try not to only talk about hands that I win (i.e. - losing with 3s full), but I did take this kid out. I honestly felt that he was making a move with every bet. And he was, sort of.

I called the $55 raise preflop with KJo. Flop comes KQ3. He bets $100 in a milisecond. I call just as fast to hopefully slow him down.

The turn comes the 4 and he goes all in for $400 immediately. Nothing here made a lot of sense if he could beat my hand. He could have KQ or AK, but it smelled like a move, looked like a move, and eventually I had to call. I actually thought about the Q10 that I laid down in LV for $1500. That mistake will bug me for a while.

Here, he was a solid player and it appeared at every turn he was moving on me. Once I called, I realized that he had been moving preflop but hit the flop fairly hard for his hand, he had K7o. He was moving on my straddle, which I suspected with the $75 preflop. Then for his misfortune he hit a ton of the flop. Sorry for him, Good for me. I feel good about my reads right now. I just hope it continues through next weekend.

Update:

Buzzard won a seat into the 100-seat guarantee on Full Tilt on Sunday. He took down an $8 satellite giving away only one seat. Good Job buzzard.

It appears that the week leading up to the $2000 event will not be very enjoyable. Mrs. Grip and I are not speaking as of 4:45 PM yesterday. A huge argument arose from events in 1992, yes that is right, 1992. Kentucky Rock was around at the time and can testify as to how bad those times were for me. This is our first real fight in over a year. And unfortunately for someone, I have dug in my heels and will not cede the point, regardless of right or wrong. Sometimes, I have to make a stand, and I have chosen this time to make that stand. Oh, and I am not wrong and did not cause the problem that she is placing on me.

I am still going to LV, and anticipate that she will go as well. We will just have to wait and see how this turns out.

Until next time,

Good Luck and See You at the Felt....................

2 Comments:

At 8:38 AM, Blogger Grip 'n Rip Poker said...

Ouch big man! You obviously played well. Sorry for the close but no cigar pat on the back. You would have been sitting really well had that race gone the other way. How much did the CO have?

Regardless, great playing. I hope to continue the great play this weekend as well. Hopefully the feud with Mrs. Grip calms down. We are talking, which is a step.

 
At 11:14 AM, Blogger Grip 'n Rip Poker said...

Given this information, his call with AQ was suspect at best. That hand is a stack suicide waiting to happen.

Do not hindsight your move. Smooth calling with JJ is a recipe for disaster. A raise to 5,000 may be a thought knowing that you are moving in on ANY flop if checked, or bet, for that matter.

Think about NL... Calling is generally a bad idea. No information gain, no position or lead taking move either.

You played it fine. In all honesty, if you were playing your normal solid game, which it appears you were, he should have folded in a milisecond.

Be good Buzzard.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home