Tuesday, July 11, 2006

And Like a Phoenix...

TeamGrip Rises Again.

I am going back to the WSOP for one more $2,000 NL Event on July 21. I am selling 5% portions for $125 apeice. The $25 is for food and room expenses. I have a few left so let me know as soon as possible. The TeamGrip original members are still in positive territory from last year.

I am also trying something differently, I am taking Mrs. Grip this time. Maybe she can center my emotions and cause me to focus a little harder than the last time. I feel good about my tournament game, and cash game when I care.

I should do well, I am due and I am playing well right now. I am seeing hands develop better than ever. We shall see what happens.

One other update I failed to mention yesterday. I flew out of LV directly to New Orleans (Sin City to Sin City some say) for work. Our trial was cancelled for one of the days that I was down there and I got a chance to book some time into a $5-10 NL game at Harrah's. I played well and booked a $1500 win in a four hour session, mostly five handed. I got a few good hands and read two guys perfectly and got paid off. One hand may display how well I was playing. I was running really well and usually would have gone bust, but lost the minimum with a monster:

In the BB with 33. EP crazy makes it $30. Button ($2500 stack) calls as do I ($1600 stack +800 at the time). Flop come J 9 3 rainbow. I check, the original better bets $50, button calls and I check raise to $150 total. Initial guy immediately folds, the button immediately calls. The turn is a 4 completing the rainbow. I push out $250. He INSTACALLS. I honestly think that he has Q10 for the nut draw, but was not sure. I decided that I would push on any other cards other than an 8 or K. Then the river comes another J. Board now reads 3 4 9 J J. I start to move in and then he perks up big time (sometimes physical tells are a real blessing). I then check, and he immediately says $400. $400 for a $1000 pot, I know I am not folding and if my read is right, I then lose the minimum. I say "I call, 3's full." He looks up and says "Jacks full" and turns over J9. I had him trapped big time and he escaped.

He quit about an hour later and was crowing about how well he had done (+$3000 or so). I could not help myself and I said, "you think that you played that J9 hand better than I did don't you?" He answered, "I won the pot didn't I?" I responded, "Yes. But you left $800 on the table. I lost the minimum with my hand, you won the minimum and sucked out to get that." I honestly believe if the board comes off below a 7 I double up through him.

Anyway, it was nice to book a nice win with the performance in LV being as it was. Until next time,

Good Luck and See You at the Felt...........................

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home