Friday, October 07, 2005

Break Through Night (Sort of)

First -

I thought for a while and mucked to the reraise all in. I rationalized the fold by knowing that I would have better opportunities to beat this guy if my read was wrong. He later went bust with a similar reraise all in with a flush draw, not even the nut flush draw. My call was 50-50 in my head, so in the spirit of the evening, I waited for a better opportunity.

Last Night -

I played four events last night on Stars. At one point they were all up and going.

1. $6.50 35-player SNG. I really like this SNG, it pays seven spots. The play is bad and you typically can make it to the final two tables (Starts with 5 tables) with solid play. I was the chip leader at 9 to go and bullied the table on the bubble for at least 10 hands. I had 40% of the chips in play. I ended up second for $60. Not bad for me lately.

2. $2 MTT. 1500 players, lose with AA at around 1300 to go. Okay, good - I get to close another table down.

3. $10 Rebuy. Strategy last night: No rebuys. I double up twice to get around 5,000 in chips. Last hand of rebuy period, a crazy player reraises a MP raise from the button. I have AQs. I move in, initial raiser folds, button calls with AJo. He goes runner runner for a straight. I decide that it is not a good idea to invest $30 for a stack that will be sixty percent of an average stack and decide to end the tournament there. I was so close to a 12,000 stack. But alas, I am happy with my discipline to save that $30, or cost me the $14,000 for first place.

4. $ 10 freeze out with 10 minute rounds. 1,300 players. I have played this tournament a few times before. While it is not a full 15 minute rounds, it is longer than the turbo 5 minute round crap shoots. I decide to play a tight, but very aggressive style. Pre-flop decisions. 135 get paid. With 200 to go I am in the top 20. With 100 to go I am 3rd. I end up going out 16th for $110. I played well, just card dead with 30 to go and the blinds were huge.

This was a good night comparatively for me lately. I cashed in the rebuy two nights ago and cashed twice last night. We will have to see what the weekend will bring. Until next time,

Good Luck and See You at the Felt.......................

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home