Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Missteps Late Yet Again

Having a good run in the $10 rebuy this month, I again played it last night. I included the tournament in an experiment to see how two things would work:

1. With a budget of $30, what could I expect from the $10 rebuy event.
2. With a budget of $33, what could I expect from the $33 satellite event.

1. Rebuy Event

I probably got the best run of cards of my life during the rebuy and first hour after the rebuy period. I got AA 5 times and KK 4 times (KK all in the second hour). I built my stack up to $36,000 and picked up AA the last hand of the second hour. I open raised in MP. Both blinds call. The flop came our 4 10 J with two hearts. Both checked and I bet the pot. The SB called and the BB went all in for $18,000 total. With the board as draw heavy as it was, I had to push and the SB thought and thought, then folded. The BB did not have either of the draws present, he had a set of 4s. I am just happy that he did not have a bigger stack.

I enter the break with $15,000. I build it back up to a maximum of $47,000. Then drop back down to $24,000 with a couple of beats. Last hand: I am in the SB with 10s. Same two players as before, both of which have me covered are in MP. First player opens for normal raise, BB from before smooth calls. This is a perfect opportunity for the Herrington Squeeze. I move in. First guy calls, ok I am fine with that. Second guy moves in over the top of the call. Call. Hands: First guy, AK0; Second guy: QQ. He had played QQ very risky but got the ulitimate prize as he tripled up almost and knocked us both out with a ragged flop. I go broke on the hand regardless as I ended up with an overpair as well. Finish around 200 with 135 getting paid. I was happy with the play, but still question QQ's reasoning to smooth call preflop with five more to act. That had is too vunerable to let too many see the flop. QQ needed to isolate in my opinion, regardless of what it did to my stack. I would have folded to that players reraise with my 10s out of position.

2. $33 Rebuy Satellite

I decided I wanted to join Gyndok in the final event on Sunday, so I popped down the intial buy in and decided I would not rebuy or add on. First Hand; AA and double up against TPTK. Second Hand: go back down to the starting stack when my nut flush ended up against flopped quads. LOL, I actually was the one putting it all in, he just had to call. I suck sometimes. Finish the rebuy period with an average stack, do not add on. Lose a race to a short stack and then go our with another race. Finish around 70 or so.

Mowing the yard tonight and then playing the same two tournaments again. Hopefully with better news.

Until then,

Good Luck and See You at the Felt...........................

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home