Monday, August 22, 2005

Weekend Update

Damn I hate poker sometimes. I don't even have to play it to feel that way.

I went to Kentucky this weekend to play a two-man multi-format golf tournament that I have played in a number of times. Now Grip Sr. and me have never made the greatest of teams, but we can put it together on occasion and really post a good score. Not this weekend. A 79 and 78 ended our weekend on a bad note. Poker has obviously kept me away from the course too much. Balance needs to be found, as I have said before.

Friday night, went out to eat with Mrs. Grip. Got home and unceremoniously lost $200 at PLO (.25-.50 blinds). Key hand, I had built up my initial $50 into $135. Should have gone to bed. One player had $80 and all others were under $50. Turn top set of Ks, with a nut straight on the flop. River makes the nut flush for $80 stack, runner runner style. Don't win another hand and quit after the fourth buy in.

After I got done with golf on Sunday, I drove down to Murray, KY and sat in a 10-20 game that my friend from Princeton, KY has just started. Saw Big Man Bob V. played for an hour before I headed back to music city. Won $505 in a little over an hour and a half. Good game, predictable action. Nice win.

Going forward, I will avoid the 15-30 for a while. I have to come up with a different style to attack that game. I will prepare appropriately and will pulverize their weak play. I just need to come up with a game plan and stick with it. I will be back with a focus that those players cannot deal with soon. It will be sweet, I guarantee it.

I am going to play the $200 NL this Wednesday and hopefully the poker gods will allow my hands to hold up late. Any way, until next time.....

Good Luck and See You at the Felt................

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home