Monday, August 15, 2005

WSOP Weekend

Tunica WSOP Update

Okay guys, I had a great trip to Tunica except that I did not cash in either the $1000 or the $500 NL Event. Ended up over $3000 for the trip and had a blast.

Friday, August 12

Got to Tunica around 9:30 with JM and Kentucky Rock (KR). Head straight to a $65 single table with KR and promptly bust out 9th, but KR went out 10th with a bad beat. Down 65 to start. Get in a 2-5 NL game, get bust for first $800, rebuy for $500 and end up booking a $330 win. Move over to JM's 2-5 NL game and make a couple of good moves and end that session up $740. Total for the day, up $1,005. Not a bad start.

Saturday, August 13

Went down to the poker area around 10:00 am and play one $120 single table. Bust out third with a save for the entry fee (Free roll) and then buy in the $1060 for the full fare. Make it to level five and get extremely short stacked. Bust out with AQs v. 33. Flop comes Q high, turn is an A, river is a .......

3. Sigh. Finish 110/390. 36 got paid. $20 last longer shipped to the Weasel. That's ok because I have 5% of the Weasel and JM. JM goes out right before the dinner break around 90th. Weasel is health with 190% of average at the dinner break. Oops, the Weasel stumbled down the stretch and went out 44th. No cash from the no-playing Weasel.

While the Weasel was grinding down, i finally do well in a $230 single table and take it down, giving the second place finisher a $230 save heads up. Won $2,150.

Went to play with KR in a 4-8 limit game. Had fun, built it up to +240 but ended up stuck $70. Imagine those pots.....

KR and I then played let it ride and slots to end the night. Ended that fiasco down $110.

End of day total, up $1,275.

Sunday, August 14th

Get up and promptly lose the only $120 single table I played. Wanted to play another, but no go, table space at a premium. Buy into the $550 for the full fare and bust out before the first break. BUT, while I was waiting for the tournament to start, I sit down for the first time in a long time at a $1 video poker machine. Put in $40, build it up to $80 and start playing $5 a hand. Get 4444A for $800!!!! Woo Hoo. Free roll day. Sold 10% to JM five minutes before I bust out of the $550. Sorry JM, but thanks for the support.

After busting out, I sit down with KR at 4-8 until a seat opens with Crazy Tom, JM and Mr. Roberto White from Nashville in probably the best 10-20 limit holdem game in the history of poker. I play five hours, get knocked up side the head by the deck and play well ending up $1704 for the session. At one point I had $2600 in $5 chips in front of me ($500 buy in). Ended up cashing out $2204 in chips. Nice five racks on the way to the cashier.

Total for the day up $1,859.

Trip Total: Ended up over $3100.

Great trip, some interesting hands, but I will save those for future posts.

It is my intention to start posting interesting hands for analysis and discussion. If you have any hands you want the Grip'nRip nation to analyze, please forward them to me and I will put them out into cyber space for such. Until then...

Good Luck and See You at the Felt.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home