Thursday, September 08, 2005

Final Table Time

Played in a $10 PLHE tournament last night. 470 players. I was in the top five in chips from 250 players on. Played very well, only sucking out once in a hand that matters and that was against a relatively short stack at around 50 to go. Finished 6th for $210. A player took 80% of my stack when he rivered his flush against my TPTK 8 handed. Very happy with my play.

This follows back to back cashes in the $10 rebuy. Made it deep in that as well last night but went out 220/1300, no cash. Happy with that play to some extent, but had a big stack at 500 players and did not play correctly from there in. Sigh.

Made $200 in a 5-10 limit ring game last night. The last hand was huge, over $300 pot. Raised and reraised to me on the button with 88. I make a loose call, but if it hits, zoom to the moon Alice. BB caps it, four way action to the flop. Flop comes 9 8 3 rainbow. Check, bet, call, I raise, reraise, fold, reraise and I cap it. Turn is an Ace, rainbow complete. Check, bet, I raise, BB reraises, fold, I raise, BB caps. I put him on Aces up, so I am not slowing down. River 4. Bet, I raise, he calls. He had 99, DANG IT. Other guy had KK. That would have put the session up over $500.

Oh well. I am going to try one $33 w/rebuys satellite for the $2500 WCOOP final event tonight. That will be a huge tournament as PokerStars is already guaranteeing it will have a $2,500,000 prize pool. Given that their other WCOOP event guarantees are being shattered every time, this tournament could have a $4,000,000 prize pool with first place getting $900,000 or so.

Sweetness. Until next time.....

Good Luck and See You at the Felt...............

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home