Monday, August 14, 2006

Buzzard, what am I going to do?

Nothing really to talk about in the poker realm. I had cut off playing on line and not traveling much until this weekend. I am going to play in a $100 event Thursday night in St. Louis. I am going up on business (really a boondoggle, but I'm entitled sometimes). Going to the Cardinal game at 1:00 on Thursday (man do they really frustrate me this year). I am playing in a golf tournament on Friday morning and then in a softball tournament Friday night and Saturday, then home on Sunday. I do not think that I will get another session in, but will play on Thursday. I will report on that later.

Now on to Buzzard. Nice win the other day, but DAMN it, why did you have to pay me on Stars?!?!?!?! You knew I would not cash it out, and I didn't. I logged on Thursday night while I was watching the final table PPV on www.espn.com and promptly lost half of it. Then logged on Friday night while Mrs. Grip was off doing something and played in the $10 rebuy event trying to empty the account. No such luck, cashed having only $21 in the event for $60. Then yesterday:

$22 180-player. 20th Bubble DAMN IT, I hate you Buzzard.
$22 rebuy (no rebuys). 582 players, 54 get paid. 54th gets $160. Finish 80th. BUZZARD!!!

My last $4 went into the following:

PokerStars Tournament #29917982
No Limit Hold'emBuy-In: $4.00/$0.40
180 playersTotal Prize Pool: $720.00
Tournament started - 2006/08/13 - 21:10:49 (ET)

Dear Grip'nRip,

You finished the tournament in 1st place.
A $216.00 award has been credited to your Real Money account.
You earned 218.47 tournament leader points in this tournament.
For information about our tournament leader board, see our web site at http://www.pokerstars.com/tlb_tournament_rankings.html

I luv you Buzzard, No I hate you, No I luv you, but Mrs. Grip hates you. No, she actually likes you, but I have the obvious love/hate thing going right now, so I will stick with it, it seems to be working for me now.

Anyway, exactly $219.60 in Stars. What is a sick deginerate poker player to do? Yep, you guessed it, see what we can do with it. Mrs. Grip said, why don't you just cash it out and use it for live events. Bah, cash out from on-line poker? Who has ever heard of such a thing.

As for this new found change, from here forward, I will be consistently updating this blog on the level in the account so everyone can see how much either (1) I suck at on line poker, or (2) I learned my lesson and I now am winning on line for a change.

This will be honesty to a fault, because while I was doing the bills on Saturday, I dissected how much I have lost on line the past 4.5 years. AND IT IS SICK. I have made a nice amount live, actually up well into the five figures. ONLY to have it sucked away on line. I am pissed and sick about it. Had I not had a modem at home, a lot of things would have been better. That said, not another penny of my money will go on line until I make a very nice win in a live event.

Until next time,

Good Luck and See You at the Felt....................

3 Comments:

At 10:42 AM, Blogger Grip 'n Rip Poker said...

No. AK v. AQ, I knew I was cooked. Q on the turn.

Thanks.

Talk to you soon.

 
At 1:40 PM, Blogger Grip 'n Rip Poker said...

Owee. I don't keep very good statistics from session to session, but I never lie about my net down or up as I track it on Quicken. I had lived with myself by having the net down there, but what I did Saturday was actually pull all of my deposits into Firepay, Neteller and directly into Paradise Poker back when you could do it directly with a debit card, and looked at the number. I then subtracted out my cash outs and the number was just plain ugly. Stupidity on my part.

Better luck in the $1-2 fish tank shark. Just play better hands than the other guy.

 
At 7:32 PM, Blogger BK said...

buzz was card dead all nite..too bad too, that was a juicy game.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home